Google Smart Home has made significant advancements in revolutionizing automation offerings in recent years. There are a handful of devices that help you set up a hassle-free smart home system.
With a smart home system, you can manage energy usage, control temperatures, and enhance your home security, among other things.
However, with a wide range of products available on the market, settling for reliable and convenient devices can be an overwhelming task.
We’ve simplified your buying process by compiling the best Google Home compatible devices.
Let’s take a look!
Table of Contents
- Top Google Home Compatible Devices
- 1. Arlo Q-Wired Security Camera
- 2. Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller
- 3. Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- 4. Sonos One Voice Controlled Smart Speaker
- 5. August Smart Lock
- 6. Wemo Smart Plug
- 7. NVIDIA Shield 4K HDR Streaming Media Player
- 8. Orbit Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer
- 9. SimpliSafe Home Security System
- 10. Awair Indoor Air Quality Monitor
Top Google Home Compatible Devices
Here are the best options for the Google Home compatible devices on the market.
1. Arlo Q-Wired Security Camera
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Stream live video 24/7 and watch past recordings in sharp 1080p HD resolution from anywhere in the world...
- Save on expensive subscription fees with free cloud storage that lets you view, share, and download...
The Arlo Q-Wired Security Camera is a suitable pick for anyone who wants to protect their home.
Image quality is impressive with the four-megapixels image sensor and a versatile glass lens. Colors are lifelike, especially when there’s full light, allowing you to view stunning 1080p videos.
The 850nm LEDs illuminate crisp footage during the night up to a distance of 25 feet, making it easy to monitor assets that are far from the camera.
The sound quality in all videos is crystal-clear as the camera picks detailed conversations with the microphone. It enables you to hear every speech, even at medium volume.
The Basic Cloud Service Plan, which offers up to seven days of secure recordings, gives this camera a winning edge over its competitors.
Setting the Camera to your preferred spot is seamless with the square magnetic base. It anchors swiftly to any magnetic surface, like a refrigerator, or you can mount it to the wall using a metal bracket and screws.
The Arlo app, which you can install on Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire OS devices, is easy to use. The visible icons provide you with direct access to the homepage, notification mode, library or recordings, and other settings.
This security camera sends alerts via push notifications or emails, so you can respond quickly in case of intruders or theft.
2. Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller
- WORRY-FREE WATERING - Rachio tailors your watering schedule to the specific needs of your yard and...
- NO MONTHLY FEES - Rachio comes complete and ready to use, without any extra charges or app subscription...
- EXCLUSIVE WEATHER TECHNOLOGY - Patented Weather Intelligence automatically skips unnecessary watering...
Water your yard effortlessly while creating intuitive schedules with the Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller.
A notable addition to this third-generation Rachio is the water flow meter that detects any leakage in your irrigation system and shuts down affected zones.
Setting up this smart sprinkler controller is a breeze with the intuitive Rachio App. You only need to connect it to your home Wi-Fi and then configure your zones and watering schedules.
The app also makes controlling and observing outdoor water usage from anywhere easy.
The upgraded weather intelligence works seamlessly by accessing and downloading weather data from over 270,000 weather stations.
As such, it skips watering areas that are too wet and changes schedules when it’s windy.
Plugging the smart sprinkler controller into existing sprinklers takes less than 30 minutes since you don’t need any special tools. The only requirement is matching the new wires to the existing ones.
This sprinkler controller works with Nest, SmartThings, and other smart home platforms to push notifications to your email after finishing the assigned task.
The plastic enclosure protects the internal parts from harsh external elements for increased durability.
3. Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- Save up to 26%*per year on heating and cooling costs. ENERGY STARcertified. Included SmartSensor (50...
- Included SmartSensor keeps you comfortable where you are, not just where your thermostat is. Simply place...
- Control from anywhere with your iOS or Android device
Powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core CPU and 512MB of DDR4 RAM, the Ecobee Smart Thermostat gives you extended comfort when indoors.
Playing music, adjusting the temperature, and making a call is seamless with the built-in Amazon Alexa.
It also supports other leading smart home systems like Google Assistant, SmartThings, and Apple HomeKit.
Controlling all voice integrations is straightforward with the echo-canceling microphone holes located on both sides of the screen.
The included single remote room SmartSensor is superior to its predecessor in terms of battery performance and extended range. It aids in maintaining uniform temperatures throughout your home or apartment, especially in rooms that are a bit far from the thermostat.
Onboard are proximity and occupancy sensors that notify the thermostat when you’re away or at home. This allows the smart thermostat to switch to the ideal temperature, thus conserving energy.
Being an ENERGY STAR-certified device, it saves up to 26 percent of your annual heat and cooling costs.
The terminals on the back connect to heating and air conditioning, humidifiers, air ventilation devices, dehumidifiers, and most HVAC accessories.
Support for dual-band Wi-Fi allows you to link devices that require less bandwidth to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz for demanding ones.
4. Sonos One Voice Controlled Smart Speaker
- Sonos One - The powerful smart speaker with voice control built-in
- Brilliant sound - Get rich, room-filling sound with Sonos One, and control it with your voice, the Sonos...
- Voice control - Amazon Alexa is built right in so you can play music, check news, set alarms, get your...
The Sonos One Voice Controlled Smart Speaker gives you value for your money as it has versatile features compared to smart speakers in its price range. Performance and versatility are unmatched with the updated processor and added memory, giving you a room-filling sound experience.
The fact you can pair two Sonos One smart speakers is certainly impressive, meaning you’ll have more detailed sound performance when targeting a larger room.
This smart speaker fits in any compact space as it measures 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 inches. Homeowners can place the device on the kitchen counter and listen to favorite songs while preparing meals.
Taking your favorite music and podcast to the bathroom is possible as the Sonos One Voice Controlled Smart Speaker is humidity resistant. There’s no need to worry about moisture damages as long you don’t dunk it into the bathtub.
Controlling music, setting alarms, and checking news are seamless with the built-in Amazon Alexa.
The setup process takes a few minutes with the Sonos app, AirPlay 2, and your voice commands. With the Sonos S2 app, you can control services quickly, browse music, audiobooks, and podcasts.
Sonos Radio enables you to listen to thousands of free radio stations while performing house chores.
The touch-sensitive panel with white LEDs and symbols allows you to issue commands easily.
5. August Smart Lock
- UPGRADE YOUR EXISTING DEADBOLT: August smart locks fit on the inside of your door, making your regular...
- GRANT ACCESS WITH THE AUGUST APP: Forget key copying. Quickly and easily share permanent, scheduled or...
- EASY TO INSTALL ON ANY DOOR: Even if you’re not so handy, installation only takes about 10 minutes....
Complete with its slim and smart looks, the August Smart Lock offers exceptional features compared to the previous generation. The DoorSense, a small sensor attached to the door frame, alerts the lock if the door is closed, ensuring continuous protection.
The August Smart Lock pairs with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, and Apple HomeKit, to give you straightforward hands-free control.
The design stays true to the initial one but adds some notable changes. They put the August logo along the ridge, giving you a simple way to know if your door is closed or not.
An impressive addition is the Guest Keys function, which comes in handy for homeowners with frequent guests. It enables you to grant access to guests depending on their occurrence.
Unlike other smart locks, this one requires you to only change the deadbolt part inside your house. As such, you can use the same keys that came with the previous deadbolt.
Installation takes less than ten minutes, as you only need a screwdriver. The August app also provides you with helpful animation guides to ease the process.
6. Wemo Smart Plug
- Control your home from anywhere – turn devices on and off and set worry-free schedules
- Simple setup with the free Wemo app – just plug in WiFi Smart Plug and connect to WiFi
- Protect your home with Away Mode by randomizing light schedules to create the illusion you’re at home
The Wemo Smart Plug is an incredible and convenient way to make any non-smart device in your home smart. It brings unique elements in a more compact design, including smart assistant compatibility, scheduling features, and more.
Measuring 1.34 x 2.05 x 1.81 inches only, this space-saving design makes it easy to fit the Wemo Smart Plug into any electrical outlet without obstructing other sockets.
You can even stack two Wemo Smart Plugs together if you want to control many devices.
Setting the Wemo Smart Plug is quick and easy with either the Wemo app or Homekit. The app allows you to add and control schedules anywhere and anytime. It also includes an Away Mode, which creates an illusion that you’re at home by turning plugged-in lights on and off.
On the right side is a physical on/off button, which lets you control your devices when you don’t have your phone around.
Alternatively, you can control the lamps, fan, and more via voice commands with Apple Homekit, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa devices, or services (sold separately).
7. NVIDIA Shield 4K HDR Streaming Media Player
- Fast. Really Fast. SHIELD TV takes media streaming to a whole new level, powered by the NVIDIA Tegra X1+...
- Dolby Vision - Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos surround...
- 4K HDR Content. Get the most 4K HDR content of any streaming media player. Watch Netflix, Amazon Video,...
The NVIDIA Shield 4K HDR Streaming Media Player takes your streaming experience to the next level with its powerful processor. The built-in Chromecast 4K lets you cast photos, videos, and apps from your smartphone to the big screen.
Powered by the versatile Tegra X1+ processor, this streaming media player is up to 25 percent faster than the previous model.
Switching from one channel to another is a snap, so you won’t miss any dialogue in your favorite show. The AI Upscaling sharpens softer sources in various scenes, allowing you to view crisp and clear 4K videos for a heightened immersion.
The Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus support create a surround sound experience, giving your videos and music more life.
Gamers will appreciate the built-in GeForce Now service which provides access to top-notch PC games. It works by fabricating a virtual PC on Nvidia’s remote servers to deliver max-setting gameplay visuals even in demanding games.
The compact and low-profile design lets you tuck the NVIDIA Shield 4K HDR Streaming Media Player behind your 4K TV setup.
The intuitive remote control ditches the flat design to take on a prism-like shape, delivering a comfortable hand-held feeling. You can quickly access the playback controls, menu, mic-on buttons, and others.
8. Orbit Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer
- BLUETOOTH CONTROL: Use your mobile device's Bluetooth functionality to control and program your B-hyve...
- To be wi-fi enabled, you will need to purchase Orbit’s 21006 B-hyve Wi-Fi Hub
- KNOW THE FLOW: The built-in flow meter allows you to track water usage, and can be measured by gallons or...
The Orbit Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer is one of the best faucet timers you can use to water your plants in different applications.
Programming the system is easy with the smartphone app. It allows you to indicate when watering should occur, like during weekends or at intervals. There’s also a B-hyve Bluetooth Timer that makes controlling and scheduling your watering at a range of 150-foot seamless.
Since the system connects via your Wi-Fi network, you can enable the smart watering function to stop the valve from opening when it’s about to rain.
The flow meter is a handy feature for greenhouse and hydroponics applications. It notifies you of the amount of water you’re using (in gallons) to fill the pool and water the plants.
The B-hyve Hub (sold separately) supports essential Wi-Fi features, making it easy to control watering from schedules anywhere. It also allows you to access the B-hyve network meshing so you can manage the entire yard while minimizing water usage.
The Orbit Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer works with a hose manifold adapter that splits water into different areas. This integration eliminates the need to change locations when you want your plants watered in different yards.
9. SimpliSafe Home Security System
- Simple to set up. Seriously secure - Get ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base...
- 24/7 professional monitoring for faster police response - With optional monitoring services, our agents...
- Complete control of your system with the SimpliSafe App - Arm, disarm and protect anytime, anywhere.
Keep your home safe from environmental threats and intruders with the SimpliSafe Home Security System. It provides an excellent balance of ease-of-use, convenience, and high-quality service.
The eight-piece system, including a base station, four sensors, keypad, panic button, and motion sensor, provides multiple room protection.
You don’t need any tool to set the system, only requiring you to place the sensors as instructed. These sensors detect smoke, abnormal temperature changes, and pick the sound of smashed windows.
The SimpliSafe Home Security System works with Google Assistant, Apple Watch, and Amazon Alexa, giving you seamless voice controls.
Using this home security system is free of charge, but you can pay a monthly fee to get 24/7 monitored security.
The company’s monitoring center is operated by people, providing you with timely responses during emergencies.
The best thing is that there are no long-term contracts, so you can cancel the subscriptions at any time.
The 24-hour battery provides an automatic backup in case of a power outage, ensuring your home is fully protected. The wireless keypad comes with adhesive tabs on the back to fit firmly on different wall surfaces.
10. Awair Indoor Air Quality Monitor
- KNOW YOUR AIR - Track temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide (CO2), chemicals (VOCs), and particulate...
- GAIN ACTIONABLE INSIGHT - Receive real-time insight into your indoor air quality and track changes over...
- TRANSFORM YOUR ENVIRONMENT - Browse in-app feedback and tips to improve the health of your space
The Awair Indoor Air Quality Monitor makes a suitable choice for anyone who wants to have more control over their indoor environment. It monitors five major air quality metrics like temperature, VOCs, CO2, humidity, and PM 2.5 levels, while giving you accurate readings.
At a glance, the Awair Indoor Air Quality Monitor looks like a Bluetooth speaker, and this nice-looking design enables it to blend well with your interior décor.
The front display has a set of bright LEDs that form bar graphs and numbers to show various air quality levels. A single dot indicates that the levels are healthy, while five alerts you about any unhealthy factors.
Gaining invaluable insights about the current and historical readings is a breeze with the easy-to-navigate app.
It also allows you to spot and fix pollution sources by checking how air quality varies between rooms. By doing so, you’ll improve your sleep quality while eliminating high levels of carbon dioxide that may trigger headaches and fatigue.
With the smart assistant integrations, you can ask Alexa or Google Assistant to update you on temperature levels and how to improve the air quality in your home.
The monitor weighs 1.15 pounds, so it is easy to move it around.
The best Google Home compatible devices help you carry out various tasks at home, offering a great deal of comfort after a long day at work. Some compatible devices work without the need for an additional setup, while others require an intermediary hub.
The good news is that all supported apps have intuitive controls, allowing you to fine-tune various commands to your liking.
As such, you can set up a smart home system that suits your unique needs.