Knowing your home is secure, whether you are home or away, is important to every homeowner. Thanks to newer technologies, you can protect your family, your home, and your belongings with a keyless door lock.
Keyless door locks are not only secure but also convenient. You can go for a quick run and open your door through your smartphone or even with just your voice. It’s perfect for giving to out-of-town guests, the babysitter, dog walker, or renters staying for the weekend.
Table of Contents
Top Keyless Door Locks
Here’s a look at our picks for the best keyless door locks available so you can find the right one for your home.
1. Schlage Z-Wave
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Touch Screen keypad and lock cylinder on exterior and thumb turn interior. Door thickness range is 1.37...
The Schlage Z-Wave is a top choice for keyless door lock because of its touch screen keypad and simple, sleek design. It also works with Alexa for voice control. Other features include:
- Lock cylinder on the exterior
- Stores up to 30 personalized codes
- Built-in alarm with three settings
Schlage Z-Wave’s technology allows homeowners to lock and unlock their door by smartphone or web access. That means you don’t need to carry bulky keys with you when you go for a jog around the neighborhood or take your dog for a walk.
2. Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
- Works with Schlage Sense app for Android smartphones, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Guaranteed to fit on standard pre-drilled doors
Similar to the Z-Wave, the Schlage Sense also features a simple, smart design with hands-free voice control. You’ll need to purchase the Schlage Sense WiFi and an Alexa speaker to utilize this feature.
Schlage Sense comes with a handy mobile app, available on iOS and Android, that lets users manage lock codes, set schedules, and even see lock use history.
The door lock is easy to install and is battery operated, meaning there’s no hardwiring to worry about during installation. Schlage Sense uses secure encryption to ensure your home is safe.
3. August Smart Lock
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Connect your August smart lock to Alexa to Lock, unlock and check lock status. Alexa can also provide...
The August Smart Lock has a unique design and is perfect for people who want to turn their smartphone into a key, instead of using a traditional door lock. It used smart technology to wirelessly connect to Alexa and Siri (additional equipment required).
The Smart Lock from August Home is easy for anyone to install, with no hardwiring required. Installation only replaces the interior side of most deadbolt locks.
You can create virtual keys for houseguests, children, or anyone else who needs regular or temporary access to your home. You won’t need to hand out keys or hide one outside of your home.
4. Nest x Yale Lock
- Secure smart lock for your front door; replaces the deadbolt lock you already have
- Keyless entry on the LED keypad so you can lock and unlock your front door without a key; keypad chimes...
Another top keyless door lock to check out is the Nest X Yale Lock. Available in three colors, it not only looks great, but it also protects your home. It’s the perfect addition to your home if you’re already familiar with Nest technology.
Nest X Yale Lock replaces your current deadlock and alerts you if someone tries to tamper with it. It also alerts you if the battery is low. Besides connecting to Nest, it works with Google Assistant too. You can lock and unlock the door using the touchscreen keypad if you don’t have your smartphone. It also allows you to create unique passcodes for anyone who needs access.
5. Lockly Secure Pro
- Compatible with most standard doors from 1-3/8'' to 2'' (35mm-50mm) thick, distance from door edge to...
- Keyless Entry Door Lock - LOCKLY Smart Lock can recognize your fingerprint in just 0.5 seconds, and...
The Lockly Secure Pro uses Bluetooth and your fingerprint to secure your home. You unlock your door using advanced 3D fingerprint sensor technology. Fingerprint sensors are more secure than optical readers. Plus, it stores up to 99 fingerprints, enough for everyone who needs to access your home.
It also features Pin Genie Technology, which means the digital keypad display looks different every time someone approaches the door. There’s no way for anyone to spy on your pin code.
Lockly Secure Pro comes with a WiFi hub, allowing you to lock and unlock your door from almost anywhere in the world. It also comes with two physical keys as a backup.
6. Schlage Camelot
- KEYLESS CONVENIENCE: Use 2 pre-programmed codes for easy setup out of the box; assign up to 19 codes for...
- PREMIUM SECURITY: High-quality metal construction provides strength where it counts; Grade 2/AAA rating...
The Schlage Camelot isn’t flashy, but it works amazingly well at a lower price than many other keyless door locks. It doesn’t have auto-lock technology or smartphone access, but not everyone needs that.
What it does offer is an excellent way for family, friends, and other people to access your home when needed without the use of a key. It’s easy to lose or forget your key. Schlage Camelot uses a simple keypad to lock and unlock the door. It’s easy to install and comes in several colors to match popular door trim styles.
The Schlage Camelot door lock is guaranteed to fit all standard doors. It even has two pre-programmed access codes so you can use it right away. Homeowners can set up to 19 unique access codes total.
7. August Smart Lock Pro
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Alexa can also...
- Simply speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart...
Another top keyless door lock from August Home is the August Smart Lock Pro. Similar to its standard version mentioned earlier, the Smart Lock Pro connects to Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant to allow easy access and voice-controlled locking and unlocking.
It also uses DoorSense Technology. Your lock tells you if your door is closed and locked or not. It automatically locks behind you and unlocks when you approach the door.
August Smart Lock Pro lets you keep your existing deadbolt in place. It’s easy, retrofit installation works with most standard deadbolts and only requires ten minutes and a screwdriver.
8. Schlage Encode
- Smart lock with Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere - no additional accessories...
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Check the status of your lock and lock / unlock your door. In addition, Alexa will let...
Another Schlage keyless door lock on our list is the Schlage Encode. It features WiFi locking and unlocking, along with a touchscreen keypad, and key access. It works with Alexa and comes with optional voice control for hands-free use.
Encode comes with a built-in alarm that senses security breaches and also low batteries. Installation only requires a screwdriver and features unique Snap-N-Stay technology, allowing you to have two hands available during install. Schlage Encode fits standard doors. Homeowners can set up 100 unique access codes, more than enough for everyone who needs access.
9. Yale Real Living Assure
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).
- Package Dimensions: 23.114 H x 15.24 L x 15.24 W (centimetres)
Yale is a leader in the door lock market, and the Yale Real Living Assure is another example of why. Don’t let its simple push-button design fool you. It features Z-Wave technology for integration with most home automation systems and security systems.
It features a tamper-resistant lock, a backlit push-button keypad, and the ability to add or remove unique pin codes as needed. Homeowners can also view lock access history. Like most of the locks on this list, the Real Living Assure door lock is easy to install and easy to use. It comes in five colors to match most door trim styles.
10. Kwikset Halo
- Wi-Fi Enabled: Kwikset Halo smart lock is a Wi-Fi connected door lock that connects directly to your home...
- 250 Customer User Codes: Create up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can...
Kwikset is another leading maker of door locks. The Kwikset Halo features WiFi smart lock technology for use with its mobile app. Homeowners can create up to 250 unique pin codes for family, friends, and guests to use. Using the app, you can set schedules for specific codes, add and delete codes any time, view lock history, and receive notifications.
The Halo keypad features one-touch locking capability and is backlit for easy use at night. The lock uses your existing home WiFi network, eliminating the need for extra equipment like a smart home hub.
Keyless door locks buying tips
There are several factors to consider when looking for the perfect keyless door lock for your home. Here are details you show pay attention to as you search for the right lock.
Design: When it comes to your door lock, the way it looks is certainly a deciding factor. You want something that matches the look and feel of your home and isn’t an eyesore. Many of the keyless door locks on our list come in a variety of finishes, like brass, silver, bronze, and more.
Lock Type: The right lock depends on your current door set up. Do you have a deadbolt lock on your door? Is it a lever-style door lock? Knowing this information will narrow down your search considerably. Not all keyless door locks are made the same.
Technology: As you can see from the list above, keyless door locks range in the technology utilized. Some work through a simple keypad. Other locks allow you to connect to popular services like Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, and other technologies like Z-Wave and Bluetooth.
If you want a WiFi-enabled door lock, check to see if the lock requires the purchase of additional equipment or not. If you currently run or want to install a smart home system, find a keyless door lock that connects to all of your smart home devices.
Finding the perfect keyless door lock may seem daunting, between the different styles, wireless technologies brands, but we hope that the above list will help narrow your options to find the best way to make your door lock smarter and more convenient.