Knowing your home is secure, whether you are home or away, is important to every homeowner. Thanks to newer technologies, you can protect your family, your home, and your belongings with a keyless door lock.
Keyless door locks are not only secure but also convenient. You can go for a quick run and open your door through your smart devices for remote access or voice commands. It’s perfect for giving to guests, the babysitter, dog walker, or renters staying for the weekend.
But how can you find the best keyless lock for your front door? With so many options on the market, it can be hard to figure out which is the best product for you.
We’ve done the research for you and found the top options to install on your front door to increase your security and convenience.
Table of contents
- Top Keyless Door Locks
- Keyless Door Locks Buying Tips
Top Keyless Door Locks
Here’s a look at our picks for the best keyless door locks available so you can find the right one for your home.
1. Schlage Z-Wave
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Touch Screen keypad and lock cylinder on exterior and thumb turn interior. Door thickness range is 1.37...
- Stores up to 30 personalized user codes at a time
The Schlage Z-Wave is a top choice for keyless door lock because of its touch screen keypad and simple, sleek design. It also works with Alexa for voice commands.
As one of the best keypad locks on the market, it also offers:
- Lock cylinder on the exterior
- Stores up to 30 personalized codes
- Built-in alarm with three settings
Schlage Z-Wave’s technology allows homeowners to lock and unlock their door by smartphone or web access. That means you don’t need to carry bulky keys with you when you go for a jog around the neighborhood or take your dog for a walk.
This keyless entry door lock is a great option if you want to replace your traditional lock.
2. Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
- Works with Schlage Sense app for Android smartphones, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Guaranteed to fit on standard pre-drilled doors
- Battery-operated with low battery warning
Similar to the Z-Wave, the Schlage Sense also features a simple, smart design with hands-free voice control for keyless entry. You’ll need to purchase the Schlage Sense WiFi and an Alexa speaker to utilize this feature.
Schlage Sense comes with a handy mobile app, available on iOS and Android devices, that lets users manage lock codes, set schedules, and even see lock use history.
If you’ve been looking for smart locks that are easy to install and battery operated, this keyless entry is perfect. There’s no hardwiring to worry about during installation.
Plus, Schlage Sense uses secure encryption to ensure your home is safe.
3. August Smart Lock
- UPGRADE YOUR EXISTING DEADBOLT: August smart locks fit on the inside of your door, making your regular...
- GRANT ACCESS WITH THE AUGUST APP: Forget key copying. Quickly and easily share permanent, scheduled or...
- EASY TO INSTALL ON ANY DOOR: Even if you’re not so handy, installation only takes about 10 minutes....
The August Smart Lock has a unique design and is perfect for people who want to turn their smart device into a key, instead of using a traditional door lock. It used smart technology to wirelessly connect to Alexa and Siri (additional equipment required).
The Smart Lock from August Home is easy for anyone to install, with no hardwiring required. Installation only replaces the interior side of most deadbolt locks.
You can create virtual keys for houseguests, children, or anyone else who needs regular or temporary access to your home. You won’t need to hand out keys or hide one outside of your home.
This is easily one of the best smart locks for keyless entry on the market.
4. Nest x Yale Lock
- Secure smart lock for your front door; replaces the deadbolt lock you already have.Note: Measure your...
- Keyless entry on the LED keypad so you can lock and unlock your front door without a key; keypad chimes...
- Let someone in from anywhere; unlock the door with your phone for easy guest access
Another top keyless door lock to check out is the Nest X Yale Lock. Available in three colors, it not only looks great, but it also protects your home. It’s the perfect addition to your home if you’re already familiar with Nest technology.
Nest X Yale Lock replaces your current deadlock and alerts you if someone tries to tamper with it. It also alerts you if the battery is low. Besides connecting to Nest, it works with Google Assistant as well.
You can lock and unlock the door using the touchscreen keypad if you don’t have your smartphone or other smart devices. Like other keypad locks, it also allows you to create unique passcodes for anyone who needs access.
5. Lockly Secure Pro
- Secure Your Home, Office, or Rental Property with Ease - Lockly Secure Pro smart door lock offers high...
- Multiple Ways to Unlock - Lockly smart locks for front door feature patented PIN Genie digital keypad, 3D...
- Prestigious Fingerprint Door Lock - We offer the most trusted fingerprint sensor with 100 million+...
The Lockly Secure Pro uses Bluetooth and your fingerprint to secure your home. You unlock your door using advanced 3D fingerprint sensor technology.
Fingerprint sensors are more secure than optical readers. Plus, it stores up to 99 fingerprints, enough for everyone who needs to access your home.
It also features Pin Genie Technology, which means the digital keypad door lock display looks different every time someone approaches the door. There’s no way for anyone to spy on your pin code.
Lockly Secure Pro comes with a WiFi hub, allowing you to lock and unlock your door from almost anywhere in the world. It also comes with two physical keys as a backup in case you have times where you don’t want to use keyless entry.
6. Schlage Camelot
- KEYLESS CONVENIENCE: Use 2 pre-programmed codes for easy setup out of the box; assign up to 19 codes for...
- PREMIUM SECURITY: High-quality metal construction provides strength where it counts; Grade 2/AAA rating...
- BATTERY POWERED FOR RELIABLITY: Deadbolt operates with included 9V battery; avoid lockouts with dedicated...
The Schlage Camelot isn’t flashy, but it works amazingly well at a lower price than many other keyless door locks. It doesn’t have an auto-lock feature or smartphone access, but not everyone needs that.
What it does offer is an excellent way for family, friends, and other people to access your home when needed without the use of a key. It’s easy to lose or forget your key.
Schlage Camelot uses a simple keypad to lock and unlock the door. It’s easy to install and comes in several colors to match popular door trim styles.
The Schlage Camelot door lock is guaranteed to fit all standard doors. It even has two pre-programmed access codes so you can use it right away. Homeowners can set up to 19 unique access codes total.
7. August Smart Lock Pro
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Alexa can also...
- Simply speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart...
- Control access for anyone: Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, or a few minutes. It’s up to you....
Another top keyless door lock from August Home is the August Smart Lock Pro. Similar to its standard version mentioned earlier, the versatile Smart Lock Pro connects to Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant to allow easy access and voice-controlled locking and unlocking.
As one of the best smart locks on the market, it also uses DoorSense Technology. Your lock tells you if your door is closed and locked or not. It automatically locks behind you and unlocks when you approach the door.
This auto-lock feature helps improve your home security and helps makes this product one of our top smart lock picks.
Additionally, the August Smart Lock Pro lets you keep your existing deadbolt in place. It’s easy, retrofit installation works with most standard deadbolts and only requires ten minutes and a screwdriver.
8. Schlage Encode
- Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit
Another one of the best Schlage keypad door locks is the Schlage Encode. It features WiFi locking and unlocking, along with a touchscreen keypad, and key access. It works with Alexa and Google Assistant. Plus, it comes with optional voice control for hands-free use.
Encode comes with a built-in alarm that senses security breaches and also low batteries. Installation only requires a screwdriver and features unique Snap-N-Stay technology, allowing you to have two hands available while you install this smart lock.
Schlage Encode fits standard doors. Homeowners can set up 100 unique access codes on this keypad door lock, which is more than enough for everyone who needs access.
9. Yale Real Living Assure
- Unlock your door without keys by entering your code on the lock's backlit keypad; Lock the door behind...
- Never hid a key again, create unique entry codes for the people you trust. Delete codes anytime you need...
- Don’t worry about getting locked out due to dead batteries - the lock has a back-up charger so you can...
Yale is a leader in the smart door lock market, and the Yale Real Living Assure is another example of why. Don’t let its simple push-button design fool you. It features Z-Wave technology for integration with most home automation systems and security systems.
It features a tamper-resistant lock, a backlit push-button keypad, and the ability to add or remove unique pin codes as needed. Homeowners can also view lock access history.
Like most of the other keypad door locks on this list, the Real Living Assure door lock is easy to install and easy to use. This keypad door lock comes in five colors to match most door trim styles.
10. Kwikset Halo
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Wi-Fi enabled (no hub required), you can use the Kwikset app to remotely lock and...
- SHARE ACCESS WITH GUESTS: Backlit keypad with support for up to 250 access codes. Use the Kwikset app to...
- SMART HOME INTEGRATION: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Home, control your lock with your voice, create...
Kwikset is another leading maker of door locks. The Kwikset Halo features WiFi smart lock technology for use with its mobile app.
Homeowners can create up to 250 unique pin codes for family, friends, and guests to use, which is more than most other keypad door locks.
Using the app, you can set schedules for specific codes, add and delete codes any time, view lock history, and receive notifications.
The Halo keypad features one-touch locking capability and is backlit for easy use at night. The lock uses your existing home WiFi network, eliminating the need for extra equipment like a smart home hub.
Keyless Door Locks Buying Tips
There are several factors to consider when looking for the perfect keyless door lock for your home. Here are details you show pay attention to as research different smart locks.
When it comes to your smart door lock, the way it looks is certainly a deciding factor. You want to consider smart locks that match the look and feel of your home and isn’t an eyesore.
Many of the keyless door locks on our list come in a variety of finishes, like brass, silver, bronze, and more.
Evaluate Lock Types
The right lock depends on your current door set up. Do you have a deadbolt lock on your door? Is it a lever-style door lock?
Knowing this information will narrow down your smart locks search considerably. Not all keyless door locks are made the same.
As you can see from the list above, keyless door locks range in the technology utilized. Some smart locks work through a simple keypad.
Other smart locks connect to popular services like Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, and other technologies like Z-Wave and Bluetooth, allowing you to unlock and lock remotely.
If you want a WiFi-enabled door lock, check to see if the lock requires the purchase of additional equipment or not. If you currently run or want to install a smart home system, find a keyless door lock that connects to all of your smart home devices.
Finding the perfect keyless door lock may seem daunting, between the different styles, wireless technologies brands, but we hope that the above list will help narrow your options to find the best way to make your door lock smarter and more convenient.