Amazon’s Alexa personal assistant has become universal in millions of households across the world.
Whether playing your favorite music or letting you know when Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez got back together, Alexa speakers are full of useful skills and information.
Simplify your life and make your home a little smarter with an Alexa speaker. And now smart speakers come with lights, can be used as intercoms, have built-in screens, in addition to playing music and turning on lights.
With plenty of devices to choose from, how do you know which speaker is right for you? Here are our top picks to help you decide.
Table of Contents
- Top Alexa Speakers
Top Alexa Speakers
We’ve discovered the top Alexa options and included an insightful review about each to help you find the best Alexa speaker for your home or office.
1. Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen)
- Alexa can show you even more - With a 10.1" HD screen that’s designed to move with you, video calls,...
- Stay in frame - Video call friends and family or take a picture while the 13MP camera with auto-framing...
- Smart home made simple - Set up compatible Zigbee devices or smart products without a separate hub. Ask...
The Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) comes equipped with premium speakers that deliver a directional sound to adapt to the space you’re in. This allows you to hear lyrics with clarity and fills even larger rooms with sound.
One of the unique features of this Alexa speaker is its moveable 10.1-inch HD screen that automatically turns to face you, allowing you to stay focused on who you’re talking to or the show you’re watching while moving around the room.
Best of all, with auto-framing, the 13 MP camera pans and zooms to make sure that you and, if applicable, other participants are front and center for video calls.
Another great aspect of this gadget is its security features. Access the built-in camera to look around the room when you’re not at home, providing you with peace of mind that everywhere is as you left it.
You can even integrate this device with Alexa Guard Plus to receive Smart Alerts if this Echo device detects glass breaking, suspicious activity noises, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide alarms.
You can also use the Amazon Echo to turn the home screen into a digital frame that showcases your family’s members when not in use.
- 13MP Camera
- Built-in Mic
- Live Video and Voice Calling
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
- Display Tilts, Auto-Rotates ±175°
- Voice Control for Compatible Devices
- Multiple Cloud Music Services Supports
- 3″ Woofer and 2x 1″ Tweeters
- 10.1″ HD Touchscreen Display
- Can double-up as a security camera
- Stellar audio performance
- Seamless and quiet panning
- Prime Video and Netflix compatible
- Adjustable screen
- Bass could be deeper
2. Bose Portable Smart Speaker
- All-in-one: The most versatile smart speaker from Bose; a portable Bluetooth speaker, a home speaker, and...
- Portability: Grab the handle and take this lightweight (just over 2 lbs) speaker wherever you go out of...
- Rugged and ready: This portable speaker has a durable design, battery life of up to 12 hours, and a...
This Bose speaker weighs only 2 lbs, making it great for moving from room to room around your home or accompanying parties in the garden. With its useful handle, it’s easier than ever to transport this speaker.
And, with 12-hour battery life and IPX4 water rating, it’s the perfect party companion while remaining durable to drops, sprays, and splashes.
Since this Bose device has smart functions, you can control the speaker using voice command and use it to play integrated music platforms like Amazon Music, Spotify, and more.
In addition, use the device to make or take calls hands- and phone-free to never miss an important phone call again.
This all-in-one smart speaker provides 360-degrees of clear, lifelike sound and powerful bass, so no matter where you’re positioned in the room, it’ll feel like the sound is being directed to your ears only.
In fact, no matter where you place this speaker, the sound will wrap around you. And with any Bose speakers, they are engineered to deliver a big punch with deep bass and lots of power, enhancing the flavor of your favorite songs.
- Integrated Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Wi-Fi, AirPlay 2 Connectivity
- Compact 4.69 x 4.09″ Footprint
- Up to 12-Hour Rechargeable Battery
- Bluetooth Streaming
- IPX4 Waterproof rating
- Powerful bass
- Rich highs
- Room-filling audio
- Stable wireless connectivity
- Reasonable Wi-Fi range
- Speaker struggles at high volume
3. Marshall Stanmore II
- Revolutionary sound now with Alexa
- Control your music without lifting a finger
- Customize your sound with the Marshall app or the analog controls
Designed for versatility, the Marshall Stanmore II speaker is perfect for small- to large-size rooms. It’s also constructed to handle high volumes while still producing clean and precise audio, thanks to its advanced components.
This Marshall speaker features analog controls on the top panel that allow you to customize the volume, bass, and treble to your liking.
Or, use the app to switch between EQ presets, adjust the LED lights’ intensity, or switch to stereo or ambient mode. These LED lights also notify you if Alexa is in use, and you can skip a track, request a song, and more via voice command.
With multi-room music on Alexa-enabled devices, you can wirelessly play various songs in each room or bring the sound together to play the same song throughout the entire home.
It also offers various playing modes, including 3.5 mm input and Bluetooth 5.0, giving you various connectivity options to suit your needs.
- Stereo RCA, 1/8-inch Aux In
- Bluetooth 5.0 Connectivity with aptX
- 2x 0.75-inch Dome Tweeters,
- 80W of Total Power
- Customizable with Marshall Bluetooth App
- 1x 5.25-inch Woofer
- Volume, Treble and Bass Control Knobs
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
- Power, crisp audio
- Easy to operate
- Above average bass
- Good Wi-Fi range
- Integrated Alexa
- Design not as appealing
4. Belkin SoundForm Elite
- Acoustics by Devialet: Patented technologies from audio pioneers Devialet provide incredible sound...
- Speaker Active Matching (SAM) technology brings absolute fidelity and exceptional performance in a...
- Devialet signature Push-Push vibration-canceling dual-woofer configuration ensures deep bass without the...
The Belkin SoundForm Elite speaker pairs with Alexa to control your music by using your voice. Or pair this speaker with AirPlay-2 enabled smart speakers so you can enjoy the music you cherish no matter what room you’re in.
It boasts Speaker Active Matching technology by Devialet to provide exceptional performance and absolute fidelity. All the while, patented technologies provide incredible sound quality—despite the speaker being compact.
In fact, its design and shape are a unique component of this device because it’ll wirelessly charge any Qi-enabled device up to 10 watts, including the latest iPhones and most newer Android devices.
Belkin designed this speaker with a Push-Push woofer design to cancel vibrations while delivering deep, impactful bass. And its sphere shape helps to eliminate vibrations and provide a 360-degree sound that reaches right to your eyes, no matter your room placement.
- Far-Field Voice Control
- Wireless Multi-room Streaming Support
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- 2x 2.76-inch Woofers
- Built-in Google Assistant
- Built-In Fast Wireless Charger
- 1.38-inch Full-Range Driver
- Compact build
- Powerful bass
- Spot-on voice recognition
- Innovative wireless charging
- Mids could be better
5. Harman Kardon Allure Portable
- Powerful, 360 degree Harman Kardon sound
- Powered by Amazon alexa voice service
- Far field voice recognition
The Harman Kardon Allure speaker includes Alexa through dual-band Wi-Fi, so you can place music, place an order, and more hands-free.
This speaker is great for answering calls, thanks to the built-in microphones with advanced noise cancellation technology for hands-free voice control from across the room.
Plus, with far-field voice recognition, the Allure Portable responds to your voice command when you’re sitting across the room from it.
Featuring Omni-directional transducers and a built-in subwoofer, this device provides a 360-degree sound that’s rich and powerful to fill every corner of a room.
Aside from its audio quality, this speaker looks great on display with music-responsive lighting. You can easily and instantly charge the speaker’s battery without any messy wires, thanks to its charging station.
Once fully charged, the speaker supports up to 10 hours of playtime, and with a wireless design, you can pick it up and place it anywhere in your home, moving it from room to room as you wish.
- 40Hz – 20 kHz Frequency response
- 60W power output
- 360 Degrees Sound
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming
- Fair-field Voice Recognition
- Alexa Voice Service
- Super-sleek design
- Excellent sound quality
- Punchy subwoofer
- Loud for its size
- Lengthy setup process
6. Ultimate Ears Megablast
- Ultimate Sound: Our most powerful speaker with 360° intensely rich sound, stunning clarity, and...
- With Amazon Alexa hands-free voice control: Just ask Alexa to blast tunes from Spotify (as of May 2018),...
- Waterproof and virtually indestructible: Never worry about going easy on it, your music will always be on...
The Ultimate Ears Megablast speaker features Alexa hands-free voice control, so you can play music from Spotify, Amazon Music, and other music streaming services.
It delivers rich, clear sound in a large format with high-quality active drivers, passive radiators, and additionally dedicated tweeters. This helps to create audio that’s not just focused on high volume but quality.
This smart speaker delivers the 360-degree sound and distributes loud, clear audio with a far range that’s even, so every note will sound the same to every person in the room. Additionally, it features low-frequency drivers that provide deep bass, allowing it to stay true to the music.
Connect more than one Ultimate Ears Megablast speaker for a loud and immersive audio quality. Using the app, you can connect two speakers for true stereo mode or up to eight speakers for a party mode. With a Wi-Fi connection, appreciate a range plus clear, loud sound.
Moreover, this endurance speaker offers 16-hour battery life for high-quality music all day long during day and night. Also, the IP67 water and dustproof rating mean you can submerge it in water for up to 30 minutes and it’ll continue playing.
- 360 degrees sound
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Waterproof design
- 16-hour battery life
- Docking charging support
- Eye-catching design
- IP67 waterproof rating
- Rich, room-filling sound
- Alexa slow to respond
7. Amazon Echo Dot
- Meet the Echo Dot - Our most popular smart speaker with Alexa. The sleek, compact design delivers crisp...
- Voice control your entertainment - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and...
- Ready to help - Ask Alexa to tell a joke, play music, answer questions, play the news, check the weather,...
The Amazon Echo Dot is a popular smart speaker that features Alexa to deliver crisp vocals and full sound within a sleek, compact design. Ready to help at all times, simply ask Alexa to check the weather, set an alarm, play the news and much more hands-free.
This smart speaker is easy to use and simple to set up. Just plug it in, connect to the internet, and follow some simple steps to finish the set-up process.
You can even connect this speaker to smart home devices to switch off lights, dim lights, or adjust the thermostat—all via voice command.
Additionally, you can use this speaker as an assistant in your home to announce that dinner is ready or remind the children that it’s time for bed.
Best of all, its dome shape allows it to clearly hear your commands without you having to adjust and move closer to the microphones. This aids in the effortlessness of using the device.
- 1.6-inch Full-Range Driver
- Built-in Alexa
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Wireless Music Streaming
- 1/8-inch Audio Output to Powered Speakers
- Intuitive controls
- Contemporary design
- Powerful sound for its sound
- Alexa Guard protection
- Somewhat bulky
8. Bose SoundLink Revolve (Series II)
- Astonishingly loud. Surprisingly small — This small, portable wireless speaker is engineered to deliver...
- Improved battery life — With up to 13 hours from a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you get more play...
- Durable portable speaker — SoundLink Revolve II is dust and water resistant (IP55 rating), so it will...
The Bose SoundLink Revolve (Series II) easily connects to any Alexa-enabled device like the Echo Dot for simple, hands-free control of your music.
It includes a microphone so you can take calls and access the speaker’s default voice assistant right from this Bluetooth speaker. Additionally, it includes Siri and Google Assistant, so there are various ways to make voice commands with this speaker.
Sporting a 13-hour battery life with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you’ll receive more playtime than the original SoundLink Revolve speaker, and changing it is easy via the Micro-B USB port.
Surprisingly loud and powerful for a compact unit, this Bose speaker delivers true 360-degree sound for consistent, uniform coverage for all of your favorite songs.
Via the app, you can manage the speaker’s Bluetooth connections with a single swipe. So turn up the volume with Party Mode or switch to Stereo Mode for dedicated left and right feedback.
- Aux Port for Wired Devices
- Siri and Google Assistant Compatible
- Stereo or Party Mode with 2 Speakers
- 360° Sound
- 13 Hours of Battery Life
- Multi-Point for Pairing 2 Playback Devices
- IP55 Water and Dust Resistant rating
- NFC and Bluetooth Voice Prompt Pairing
- Speakerphone capabilities
- Hardwearing construction
- Compact design
- Extended battery life
- Easy pairing
- Wireless range could be longer
9. Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 2nd Gen
- POWERFUL SOUND: Enjoy Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound when you’re on the move with a peak power of 2x140...
- WATERPROOF SPEAKER: Share your soundtrack on the go, with a durable and wireless lightweight speaker...
- LISTEN LONGER: Improved battery power so you can enjoy music and speakerphone calls for up to 18 hours at...
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 2nd Gen speaker supports Alexa Voice Assistant, so you can play music, skip tracks, and more hands-free.
With Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity and three internal microphones, you receive the best connections for online meetings and hands-free calls.
Its waterproof, slim, and lightweight design allows you to take the Beosound A1 speaker with you wherever you go. The speaker also includes a handle for holding it while you listen to music.
Also, with 18-hour battery life, it’ll remain the life of the party so the fun never has to stop. Or, switch to a low volume for 43 hours of use. Fortunately, the LED battery indicator lets you keep track of the amount of time remaining, too.
- Up to 18-Hour Battery Life
- IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof Rating
- 0.6-inch Tweeter
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Amazon Alexa Compatible
- 60W Power Output
- 3.5-inch Woofer
- Customizable Equalizers using Bang and Olufsen App
- Straightforward setup
- 360 degrees sound dispersion
- Long battery life
- Premium design
- Alexa support
- Not as loud
10. Amazon Echo 4th Gen
- PREMIUM SOUND – Rich, detailed sound that automatically adapts to any room. Supports lossless HD audio...
- VOICE CONTROL YOUR MUSIC – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more. HD...
- SMART HOME HUB – Built-in hub to voice control compatible lights, locks, and sensors. Easily set up...
The Amazon Echo 4th Gen features the Alexa voice assistant to check the weather, set alarms, control smart home appliances, play music, answer questions, and more with voice command. In fact, this speaker is easy to set up with Zigbee devices or pair with smart lights, locks, and sensors.
When you want to use the Amazon Echo 4th Gen solely as a speaker, simply switch off the microphones to give yourself more privacy and peace of mind while at home.
Fill your home with sound with multi-room music play for synchronized audio across multiple Echo devices in different rooms of your home. Or pair the speaker with compatible Fire TV devices to feel scenes come to life with a home theater system.
Alternatively, use this Alexa speaker for premium sound on its own and experience clear highs, dynamic middles, and deep bass for a rich, detailed sound that automatically adapts to any room.
- 2x 0.8-inch Tweeters
- Built-in Alexa
- Voice Control for Compatible Devices
- 3-inch Woofer
- 1/8-inch Audio Input and Output
- Cloud Music Services Support
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
- Responsive voice control
- Charming design
- Excellent sound
- Vibrant LED light ring
- Weak midtones
Whether you’re looking for a big and bold sound or a petite speaker that offers a large battery life, this diverse list has all the options.
Choose the Belkin SoundForm Elite speaker to wireless charge your smartphone during use. Or sway towards the Bose Portable Smart Speaker for a lightweight design that’s great for portability.