For the ultimate experience in discrete surround sound, ceiling speakers are the unsung hero of any home theater system.
While they require extra elbow grease to install, the end result is priceless. You’ll get rich, down-firing sound for a true cinematic experience.
When choosing the right ceiling speakers for your home, it’s important to evaluate design, cost, functionality and connectivity.
With many choices on the market, finding the perfect one for your home can feel daunting. However, once you find the right option, your listening experience will be elevated to a new level.
Table of Contents
- Top Ceiling Speakers
From Bluetooth-enabled speakers to light-enhanced devices and more, these options are a feast for the ears as well as the eyes.
Top Ceiling Speakers
We researched the best ceiling speakers to complete your home audio experience. Check out this roundup of the top products worth installing in your home.
1. Polk Audio RC80i
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead...
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable...
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM,...
Polk Audio offers great sound at an affordable price, and these ceiling speakers are no exception.
This set of speakers is suitable for indoor or outdoor installation. They are designed to withstand moist areas, allowing them to be installed almost anywhere.
Rubber suppresses unwelcome resonance for clear, energetic sound.
Each speaker offers eight ohms of impedance, a frequency response of 50-20,000 Hz and a sensitivity of 90 dB.
The speakers are ideal for amplifiers running from 20 to 100 watts. They are compatible with a variety of high-end receivers or amplifiers, including wireless amplifiers.
Better yet, they can blend into any aesthetic. While they are white, you can paint them any color you’d like.
These speakers use lightweight blue polymer cones for sound damping, offering impressive bass. An eight-inch woofer with dynamic balanced drivers delivers powerful lows.
The one-inch soft dome tweeters are adjustable. You can easily aim them to create a sound zone for your space.
Each speaker has a left and right channel to provide stereo sound. This is ideal if you only have space to mount one speaker.
Do you want versatile placement? How about reliable sound, easy installation and rich bass? If so, these ceiling speakers fit the bill, and the lifetime warranty doesn’t hurt either.
- Frequency response: 35 Hz-20 kHz
- Aimable Tweeter
- Recommended power: 20-100W RMS
- 8 Ohm amplifier compatibility
- Efficiency: 90 dB
- 1″ Soft-Dome
- Cutout diameter: 9.38″
- 8″ Mid-Bass polypropylene cone
- Excellent sound
- Quality build
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to install
- Small audio at high volume
2. Klipsch CDT-5650-C II
- 1” Titanium Tweeter
- 6.5" Pivoting Cerametallic Woofer
- Horn-loaded technology
Klipsch is known for precise sound delivery. They offer a horn-loaded design that delivers a depth of dynamic range and powerful bass with low distortion.
This speaker has a one-inch titanium tweeter. It offers a 100-degree angle of sound dispersion, and the tweeter sits inside the “horn” to enhance sound detail.
Plus, the tweeter swivels. You can aim it at the sonic sweet spot in a room, such as the seating area in a home theater setup.
The 6.5-inch woofer is also adjustable. It can swivel and tilt. Made of heavy-duty anodized metal, it delivers defined bass while remaining durable.
Treble and midbass switches offer further fine-tuning.
As far as looks go, these speakers are chameleons. You can paint the magnetic grills, so they blend in effortlessly. The installation process makes them almost flush to the ceiling.
Pressure mounts are included for installation in drywall. However, you may want to pay additional for the Klipsch IK-650-C installation kit to get additional mounting flexibility.
This two-channel speaker offers an impedance of eight ohms, a frequency response of 56-23,000 Hz and a sensitivity of 94 dB.
In terms of power, it handles up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts at peak power).
If you want great sound from an attractive two-channel ceiling speaker at a fair price, check out this option from Klipsch. It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- 50W power handling
- 63 Hz to 23 kHz frequency
- 6.5″ Woofer
- Woofer Rotates at 360 degrees, pivots 15 degrees
- 2-Channel playback
- Dispersion technology control
- Aluminum Slimtrim Grille
- 1″ Tweeter swiveling tweeter
- Two-Way Tractrix horn
- Superb audio quality
- Great for Dolby Atmos
- Sleek design
- Ideal for background sound
- Easy to mount
- Long lasting performance
- Grills could be sturdier
3. Yamaha NSIC800WH
- Crossover Type-2-way; Maximum Frequency Response-28 kHz; Physical Characteristics-Color-White
- Input Power (Maximum / Nominal): 140W / 50W; Impedance-8 Ohm; Physical Characteristics-Depth-4.3
- Driver Type-Dome; Crossover Frequency-3.50 kHz; Physical Characteristics-Diameter-10.9
Yamaha is a trusted name in sound. These 140-watt ceiling speakers live up to their name, offering a rich, punchy down-firing sonic presentation.
Each speaker has a tweeter and woofer driver (hence a two-way crossover). They feature a spiral baffle that works similarly to acoustic panels and improves sound distribution.
The one-inch soft-dome tweeter is fluid-cooled. You can adjust it on a swivel for precise positioning.
Eight-inch polypropylene mica cone woofers supply ample bass. The speakers are also moisture-resistant, so you can install them in bathrooms, kitchens and basements.
They offer an impedance of eight ohms, a frequency response of 50-28,000 Hz and a sensitivity of 90 dB.
These speakers are thoughtfully made. They have a sealed design to protect all components from dust and moisture. Additionally, they are lightweight and easy to install.
A detachable magnetic grill completes the design and can easily be painted to match your color scheme. A mounting clamp is included for secure installation.
For the money, this is one of the best ceiling speaker pairs you can buy. They’re perfect for a two-channel addition to any home theater system.
- Paintable magnetic grille
- Soft Dome Swivel Tweeter
- 8-inch polypropylene Mica cone woofer
- Large non-slip mounting bracket
- Coaxial design
- Good mid-priced option
- Bring highs
- Full mids
- Great for everyday music
- Not very loud
4. Sonos Sonance Architectural Ceiling Speakers
- The architectural speakers by Sonance for ambient listening. Enjoy crystal clear sound and comfortable...
- Amp unlocks Trueplay, which accounts for the size, construction, and layout of the room where the...
- The specially designed round, or optional square, grilles can be painted to match your ceiling.
This ceiling speaker is an excellent add-on to an existing Sonos sound system.
Partnering with Sonance, a leader in architectural audio systems, Sonos has developed an enviable passive speaker.
While you can use your amp of choice, these ceiling speakers are designed to work best with the Sonos Amp.
Using the Sonos Amp, you can power up to three pairs of ceiling speakers. You can also unlock custom EQ settings and make other adjustments when you connect speakers using the Sonos app.
Additionally, this speaker is compatible with Dolby Atmos and Sonos Trueplay. Trueplay finely tunes the speaker to produce optimal sound based on the acoustics of a room.
You can use this speaker with other amplifiers, but you will not have access to Trueplay.
This speaker offers eight ohms of impedance, a frequency response of 44-20,000 Hz, a sensitivity of 89 dB and a maximum power handling of 130 watts.
It boasts a pivoting woofer and tweeter. To get two-channel play, you will need two speakers.
The speaker grills are magnetic and fit snugly against the frame. You can paint them to match the colors in your home.
If you’re a fan of Sonos and want to expand your system, these speakers will heighten your sound game. Plus, they come with a mounting system to ensure they are secure.
- In-ceiling design
- 2-way speaker configuration
- 1-inch tweeter
- Paintable grilles
- 89db sensitivity
- 8 Ohms nominal impedance
- 44Hz – 20KHZ frequency response
- Polypropylene woofer
- Super-easy to install
- Excellent sound
- Designed to blend-in
- Needs an amplifier
5. Micca M-8C
- UNCOMPROMISING AUDIO QUALITY - Micca Media Series in-ceiling speakers are designed for optimal...
- EASY TO INSTALL - The built-in mounting tabs grab securely onto drywall or wood panels with no need for...
- MODERN AND ELEGANT - Using a rimed grill design, the Micca Media Series ceiling speakers protrude...
If you need multiple ceiling speakers, Micca offers a cost-effective option.
The M-8C has a 9.4-inch cutout diameter, so it won’t take up much space. Fortunately, it still delivers a balanced sound.
These are proof that big sound can come in small packages.
You can thank the two-way design, which features a high excursion, an eight-inch polypropylene mica woofer and a one-inch silk dome tweeter.
The woofer and tweeter integrate via a six dB crossover network housed in the speaker.
Thanks to the woofer, you can experience full bass even without a subwoofer. Crisp, natural vocals and low-frequency sound are delivered, while the fluid-cooled tweeter covers the high ranges.
Together they offer a unified sound. Better yet, you can pivot the tweeter to aim it where it packs the most punch depending on your sound system and the room’s acoustic profile.
This speaker has an impedance of eight ohms, a frequency response of 50-20,000 Hz and a sensitivity of 90 dB 1w/1m (per one watt of power at a distance of one meter). It can handle up to 100 watts of power.
This is an affordable, indoor, in-ceiling speaker with a paintable grill. It can blend into any decor and be used in a variety of applications, from a home theater system to speakers for your home gym.
- 2-way speaker design
- 8 Ohm impedance
- 40Hz-22kHz frequency responses
- 90 dB sensitivity
- 100W peak power handling
- Great center channel speaker
- Decent audio
- Easy to install
- Power-hungry speakers
6. Acoustic Audio CS-IC83
- Acoustic Audio CS-ic83 in ceiling speakers, recommended power is 20-350 watts per speaker, frequency...
- 8" woofers, high rigidity polypropylene cones with progressive spiders, butyl rubber surrounds, poly mica...
- Spring loaded speaker wire terminals, paintable grills and frames, cut out is 9.45", overall is 10.83",...
If you need multiple ceiling speakers, this option may be exactly what you’re looking for. The Acoustic Audio by Goldwood CS-IC83 speakers come in a pack of five.
They are compatible with most amplifiers or home audio receivers. Each speaker can handle up to 350 watts of power.
You’ll get an impedance of eight ohms and a frequency response of 40-20,000 Hz with a sensitivity of 95 dB per speaker.
They feature eight-inch poly cone woofers with progressive spiders and a rubber surround. The spiders allow for greater sound extension, while the rubber helps protect against cone displacement.
The 13mm soft dome tweeter offers detailed high-frequency output, delivering a balanced sound when coupled with the power of the woofers. These speakers have a three-way passive crossover design to increase fidelity.
Like most ceiling speakers in its class, these feature removable, paintable grills. They offer built-in pressure mounting, ensuring a secure and easy installation without hardware or mounting kits.
These are a great option for someone who wants multiple speakers suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
- 8-inch poly cone woofer
- Poly mica midranges
- 13mm soft dome tweeters
- 3-way passive crossovers
- 40HZ 20kHz frequency response
- 8 Ohm impedance
- 95 dB sensitivity
- Value for money
- Smooth audio
- Impressive overall performance
- Built to last
- Installation can be challenging
7. Pyle PDICBT286
- BLUETOOTH - Built-in Bluetooth no hassle wireless music streaming from all your favorite Bluetooth...
- CHANGEABLE GRILLS - Includes a pair of round & square stain resistant speaker grills for you to choose...
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION - Perfect sound wherever you need it Great for existing home theater systems and...
The Pyle ceiling two-way wired speakers come in a set of four, have built-in Bluetooth 4.0 and offer stereo sound.
They come with a choice of round or square stain-resistant grills. Measuring eight inches across, these speakers are designed for flush mounting.
Besides being able to stream music from up to 30 feet via your smartphone, portable music player or computer, these speakers can act as a four-channel digital amplifier.
The speakers come with a Bluetooth controller receiver. However, they are not designed to pair with voice assistant technology.
They contain a polypropylene cone with a rubber surround and a ½-inch polymer tweeter that work together to deliver decent sound.
The max power output is 250 watts, and impedance is at eight ohms. The frequency response is 40-20,000 Hz, and sensitivity is 89 dB.
These ceiling speakers are a great choice for casual listening, especially if you have a catalog of music on Bluetooth devices. You can also bypass Bluetooth and connect them to an amplifier.
- Integrated Bluetooth
- 4-Channel digital amplifier
- Up to 30′ wireless range
- Bluetooth Controller
- Round Speaker Grilles
- 250W power handling
- 8 Ohms impedance
- 89 dB sensitivity
- Compact design
- Straightforward installation
- Rich audio
- Wireless connectivity
- Requires strong Wi-Fi signal
8. Lithonia Lighting Ceiling Speakers
- TECHNOLOGY: Speaker downlight provides an easy and efficient way to light up a room a enjoy music for the...
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Internal Li-ion battery lasts for up to 6-hour speaker play time without light being...
- COMPATIBILITY: Retrofit into most standard 6 in. recessed housings or new construction and remodel...
Do you prefer a bit of light with your in-ceiling speakers? If so, this offering from Lithonia Lighting is worth a look.
It’s a good way to get sound pumping into your room and create just the right mood with lighting.
This light/speaker combination offers a dimmable, warm white LED at 720 lumens and a five-watt speaker with an impedance of four ohms.
While these speakers offer surprisingly clear sound, they are not heavy-duty speakers suitable for creating a channel in a home theater system.
Instead, these are ambience speakers perfect for playing music overhead at a dinner party or rocking out while you work in your garage.
They are designed to withstand moisture, so you can also install them in a bathroom to replace your shower speaker.
Plus, you can stream music or podcasts from your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
The speaker component runs on a battery that charges when the light is on. It can deliver up to six hours of playback before it needs recharging.
Additionally, you can play the speakers with the light off if you prefer.
If you want to enjoy music in a broader area, you can pair up to eight of these speakers and sync them to enjoy a depth of sound. Just be sure to keep them within 60 feet for connecting to the master LED speaker.
These speakers are a nice compromise if you want additional or different lighting in a space but also crave more access to music in your home.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 5W power handling
- 4 Ohms impedance
- 6-hours playback
- Up to 60 feet wireless connection
- Great for bathroom music
- Wireless listening
- Clear audio
- Not very loud
9. New Pyle PDIC81RD Ceiling Speaker
- SPEAKER PACK: Pack includes (4) of The Round Flush Mount In-Wall/Ceiling Home Speakers
- WATTAGE: 500 Watts Total Power Output per Pair (250 Watts Each Speaker, 1000 Watts per 2 pair)
- FEATURES: PDIC series speakers feature polymer dome tweeters, impressive power handling capability,...
The Pyle PDIC81RD is an affordable ceiling speaker that promises to deliver stereo sound to your home or office.
Ideal for custom installation, this pair comes with polymer dome tweeters backed by an impressive power handling capacity.
It also packs robust voice coils and a high-efficiency response rate to give you fuller and richer sound.
Meanwhile, the strategically placed terminals provide a straightforward wire connection. And then there’s the included cutout template to make installation a breeze.
Further, you can count on the 1,000 Watts total output to deliver a wide-range sound performance to any room.
The Pyle PDIC81RD measures 10.5 x 3.5 x 10.5 inches, so you shouldn’t have a problem mounting it on your ceiling.
- 1000W power output
- 50Hz – 20 kHz frequency response
- ½ inch polymer dome tweeter
- 4.8 Ohm impedance
- High-temperature voice coils
- Great sound
- Easy to install
- Value for the price
- Good durability
- Needs deeper bass
10. ROCKRIX 3-Way in-Ceiling Speaker
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Acoustic Audio By Rockrix Flush Mount In Ceiling 8“ Speaker Set,Center Channel With...
- 8 INCH WOOFER WITH DUAL1 INCH TWEETERS: Enjoy Crystal Clear Sound And Comfortable Listening From...
- FLUSH MOUNT DESGIN: Compact Flush Mount Design For Simple Easy Installation In-Wall / In-Ceiling, Or...
The ROCKRIX is one of the best ceiling speakers if you’re on a tight budget.
The inexpensive price tag aside, these speakers are reasonably powerful. Each speaker features an 8-inch woofer with two-inch tweeters. This way, the pair can generate crystal clear audio that is easy on the ear for comfortable listening.
We love the ROCKRIX’s compact build and flush mount design for easy installation. Moreover, the rubber seal drives allow quick indoor or outdoor placement in areas like bathrooms or covered porches.
What’s more, the micro-mesh grill brings in a stylish look that blends perfectly with your ceiling’s décor.
- 60w power rating
- 150w peak power handling
- 60Hz—20KHz frequency response
- 89dB sensitivity
- 8 Ohm impedance
- 1.25-inch voice coil
- Durable ABS enclosure
- Pocket friendly
- Crystal clear sound
- Easy installation
- Amp needed for bass
There are many ways ceiling speakers can improve sound quality without creating clutter.
They can offer more sound channels in a home theater system, provide quick access to music or podcasts in different rooms of your home and create ambience when you host loved ones.
Take the time to decide on your must-have features to choose the best ceiling speaker for your needs. Do you want Bluetooth connectivity? How important is the aesthetic?
Many ceiling speakers come with cutout templates that are easy to use. Nevertheless, this could be a job that requires the help of a professional.
Whatever you decide, ceiling speakers can be a great addition to any home.