Do you constantly find yourself paying for gas, rideshares or public transportation? Are you looking for a more cost-conscious and environmentally-friendly way to get around?
Electric scooters might be the perfect solution for you. Scooters fold easily and are lighter than electric bikes. Best of all, they can save you money on your commute.
But with so many electric scooters on the market, how can you find the right one for your needs?
We’ve done the research for you. Here are some of the best electric scooters that can quickly get you from point A to point B.
Table of Contents
Top Electric Scooters
No matter what your budget is, there are many options to choose from. We’ve found the best electric scooters and evaluated their features to help you find the perfect model for you.
1. Razor E100
- Blue LEDs on the deck that light up each time you twist the throttle!.Kickstand: Retractable. Some...
- Powered by a 100-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at...
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed-lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
With a stellar performance and sleek design, the Razor E100 scooter comes with blue LED lights that light up as you crank the throttle. A single-speed, 100W engine with lots of torque powers the scooter.
The chain-driven motor won’t wear out quickly off-road. This product has a twist-grip acceleration system and hand-operated front brakes designed for young riders.
Plus, it comes with a charger and dual 12V sealed lead-acid batteries that last 40 minutes.
The deck and frame are made entirely from steel and can hold 120 pounds (54kg). While it comes dismantled, all you need is to install the handlebars with the accompanying hex key.
After purchasing this scooter, be sure to charge it for 24 hours before usage and 12 hours after max use.
- Front hand brakes
- Maximum speed: 10 mph/ 16km/h
- Batteries: 24V, lead-acid
- Motor: 100W
- Runtime: Up to 40 minutes
- Easy to use
- Wide deck for balance
2. Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting
- NEW 2020 MODEL - The 2020 edition of the GXL V2 is an improvement on our already top selling electric...
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE - Featuring a 36V 5.2aH Battery the GXL V2 travels up to 12.5 miles and recharges...
- IMPROVED MOTOR - The 250 Watt Motor provides high torque but mantains a low power consumption. The GXL V2...
Daily commuters can rely on the Gotrax GXL’s console, outstanding performance and lightweight construction. Even with all these features, it still comes at a reasonable price point.
The rear disk brake is operated by a hand lever that makes it easier to control. It also has antilock brakes for lateral stability during emergencies.
A 36V 5.2aH battery powers the GXL for up to 12 miles and recharges in around four hours. Acceleration is achieved through a comfortable thumb throttle on the right, and the model can reach speeds up to 15.5 mph.
While a rider’s weight determines speed and acceleration, the Gotrax is known for wading through steep hills. Between the handlebars are the speedometer, cruise control, battery life and headlight switch.
The LED headlight can be incredibly useful for enhancing visibility when riding at night. In addition, it’s lightweight and portable, weighing only 26.4 pounds.
Better yet, it features a one-touch folding method.
- Frame material: Aluminum alloy
- Digital display
- Folding frame
- Dual braking systems
- Motor: 250W
- Great performance
- Easily portable
- Good pricing
- Delicate tires
3. Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter
- Revolutionary Upgrade of Electric Scooters: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot MAX can reach to 18....
- Portable Folding Design: One-step folding system for easy portability. Segway Ninebot MAX electric...
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: the mechanical and electrical Anti-Lock braking system ensure braking safety....
The Segway Ninebot scooter is sturdy and robust with a 350W motor. Its deck is well-built and large, with plenty of space for the rider to stand.
In seconds, you can reach 18.6 mph, making your commute faster.
This electric scooter has a dual braking system with a simultaneous mechanical front drum brake and an electric anti-lock back brake to improve stability. Its 10-inch air-filled tires reduce shock and provide maximum comfort.
Intelligent battery technology maximizes the battery life and preserves the lithium batteries. You can travel up to 40 miles before needing to plug it in for six hours.
The LED dashboard can manage cruise control, Bluetooth and a mobile app to control the features.
This scooter comes with a 25W built-in front headlight to increase vision so other motorists can see you. It also has a one-step folding system that makes transporting it easy. You can carry it on any public transportation or put it in the trunk of your car.
- LED display
- Motor: 350W
- Maximum speed: 18.6 mph (30 km/h)
- Brake style: Front and rear braking
- Foldable and portable
- Maximum load: 220 lbs
- Well made
- Good stability
- Great range
- Smart battery system
4. OKAI Beetle Electric Scooter
- All New OKAI EA10 - The plastic body at the bottom is elegant and very impressive that can give you the...
- Innovative & Superior Technology - The sleek looking display shows speed , battery life and speed mode....
- Safe & Comfortable Riding - The mechanical and electronic braking system ensure braking safety. Bright...
OKAI’s seated e-scooter offers a fast, pleasant ride. The seat is breathable and wide, with a high-resiliency cushion. You can even carry things on it by hanging them on the front hook or using an optional basket.
Riders can choose between three ride modes, including eco, standard and sport. The wheels have excellent shock absorbers with 10-inch vacuum tires to maintain stability. It handles 20% inclines and bumps readily.
Below its deck is a removable 10.4Ah battery that is durable and can last for 25 km. A full recharge takes four to six hours.
To lock or unlock the scooter, utilize the LED screen, key or mobile app.
This scooter is safe to ride in traffic. Plus, with dual brakes, front and rear LED lights and lateral reflectors, it’s also safe to use this model at night.
- LED display
- Maximum power: 560W
- Top speed: 15.5 mph (25km/h)
- Dual braking systems
- Range: 25 miles (40km)
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable and fast
- Reliable dual braking
- Multiple ride modes
5. EVERCROSS Electric Scooter
- COST-EFFECTIVE ELECTRIC SCOOTER for ADULTS: Let's live an active lifestyle and want to refine your...
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE & 2 IN 1 HIGH COST-EFFECTIVE ELECTRIC SCOOTERS: The electric scooter equips an...
- SAFETY AND COMFORT - Braking is smooth and secure. The excellent braking system makes the brakes respond...
The Evercross electric scooter has a substantial, sturdy feel with city-friendly features. It is easy to use with a simple design that includes a broader foot anti-slip pedal to accommodate larger feet.
This scooter has an 880W brushless hub motor and can travel at speeds of up to 30 mph on flat roads. You can travel up to 25 miles before needing to recharge. A full charge takes four to seven hours.
Plus, it has a detachable seat and dual shocks for a smooth ride.
Both wheels have 10-inch robust, non-slip tires that are made of thick rubber, ensuring a smooth ride on good to moderate roads. Even at high speeds, front and rear disc brakes are responsive.
The scooter folds with one foot actuated. It weighs 44 pounds, so it’s light enough to be carried by hand.
You can change settings, check your battery level and adjust speed and gear with the bright LCD. You can even track how far you’ve traveled during a ride.
Better yet, if it gets dark before you arrive, use the display’s multi-functional buttons to turn on the headlights and brake lights for enhanced vision.
- Frame material: Aluminum
- Maximum power: 800W
- Range: 25 miles (40 km)
- Full load: 330 lbs
- Foldable and portable
- Good assembly
- Powerful motor
- Bright headlights
- Good safety features
- Substandard parts
6. UberScoot 1600w 48v
- Dimensions: 49" L x 25" W x 43" H | Weight: 117 lbs
- Motor: 1600 Watt (Brushless).
- Top Speed: 30mph (speed limit wire must be disconnected)
The Uberscoot 1600 W isn’t cheap, but it offers a quality build and has unique features that are worth the price. Disconnecting the speed limit wire allows you to go at a superior speed of 28 or more mph, depending on your weight.
This electric scooter can hold up to 265 pounds, so it’s suitable for all riders. Adjustable shocks and 11-inch pneumatic tires cushion the rider’s weight and make the commute comfortable no matter what terrain you ride on.
This scooter made it to our list because of the power it offers, running on four 12V/12AH batteries (48-volt system).
It covers 12 miles on a full charge, which can be increased by switching to economy mode. This mode slows down the scooter, which compensates for more energy.
The scooter is well-built with key ignition, an LED display and an electronic twist throttle.
Additionally, the handlebar has buttons that control front and rear lights as well as eco mode.
Another handy feature is the kickstart mode. This enables you to fold it horizontally when you want to park it and jump back on it with ease.
- Motor: 1600W (brushless)
- Batteries: Four 12V/12AH, Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)
- Charging time: Six to eight hours
- Range: 12 miles
- Wheels: 11-inch pneumatic
- Brakes: Front and rear disc
- Great off-road stability
- Perfect for kids and adults
- Short mileage
- Strong Power E Scooter - The adult electric powered scooter features a quiet 250W brushless motor,...
- 7.5 Ah Large Capacity Battery: Fitted with 7.5Ah lithium-ion battery, the scooter can provide long full...
- Three Gears with Headlight & Rearlight: Three gears (6.25MPH, 12.5MPH, 15.5MPH), easy to change through a...
The MEGAWHEEELS S10 is a stable scooter with an averagely powerful 250W brushless motor. The scooter’s lithium-ion battery gives a range of 12 to 17 miles.
It has a long wheelbase and a wide wooden deck designed for teens and adults. The scooter can climb up a 15-degree incline and holds up to 265 pounds.
Eight-inch honeycomb airless front and solid rear tires also add to its stability.
You can switch between three gears, including eco, standard and sport mode. Eco and normal modes are for children and teenagers to control their speed.
All the modes are displayed on the clear LED display, along with the speed and battery indicator.
This electric scooter model has a dual brake system that features an electronic motor brake on the left handlebar and a foot friction rear brake on the back wheel.
Plus, a hook hole on the mudguard holds down and locks the scooter for more accessible storage.
- Three-speed modes
- 7.5Ah lithium-ion battery
- Net weight: 26.4 pounds
- Maximum load: 265 pounds
- Good build quality for the price
- Impressive folding system
- Moderate power
- Short mileage
8. Hover-1 Alpha
- POWERFUL ELECTRIC SCOOTER WITH BT SPEAKER - Ride in style with the Hover-1 Alpha Electric Kick Scooter....
- FOLDING ELECTRIC SCOOTER - With a 12-mile range, and an exciting 18 MPH top speed, the Alpha Electric...
- CRUISE CONTROL - For a relaxing experience on longer commutes, the in-built cruise control helps maintain...
The Hover-1 Alpha is a decent, affordable electric scooter. The manufacturer claims it can hit a top speed of 18 mph. Its 400W brushless motor will give you between nine and 12 miles of range.
You can expect the battery to take four to six hours to charge from zero to full.
A built-in Bluetooth speaker on the Hover-1 Alpha is among its notable features. This allows riders to listen to their favorite music while zipping around.
The scooter’s critical components, including the batteries, motor, Bluetooth module, motherboards, gyroscopic sensor, lights and controller, are covered by a 90-day guarantee.
Furthermore, it has a substantial build and feels strong from the handlebars to the rear fender.
The deck feels robust and stable, while the stem is thick and wobble-free. Unfortunately, the Hover-1 Alpha scooter does not have an IP rating. When riding in damp areas, its lack of water protection makes it vulnerable to rust.
- Maximum weight: 264 pounds
- 36V Lithium-ion battery
- Charges in five hours
- LED taillight
- Motor: 450W (brushless)
- High-grip tires
- Fairly priced
- Almost fully assembled
- Easy cockpit configuration
- Quick-release folding
- Slow charge
9. NUI Electric Scooter
- 【Powerful & Smart】 The NIU KQi2 Pro electric kick scooter has a rated 300W Motor with up to 600W...
- 【Stay Comfortable & Safe】Improved 10-inch Unstoppable Tubeless Tires deliver excellent shock...
- 【Breakthrough Technology】The KQi2 Pro electric scooter is equipped with the industry's first upgraded...
If you’re a tall adult, the Niu KQi3 could be a perfect model to purchase since it offers convenience and is stable enough to give you a cozy feeling while riding.
It isn’t a high-speed scooter, but it doesn’t feel cheap.
This model comes in many variants. Niu claims that the Sport model has a maximum range of around 25 miles, while the Pro version covers about 6 miles more. You’ll want to go for the Pro version if you weigh anywhere close to 220 lbs/100kg.
Besides its hydraulic suspension technology, the NIU NQi GT has 14-inch wheels. You also have handlebars designed to take on a 75-degree angle. They are wider and broader right from the deck.
The surface that the rider stands on is rubberized to enhance grip and comfort while in motion to scale up its safety standards. In addition, the scooter is lightweight thanks to its robust aluminum build.
It’s best to go through the entire training session so that your scooter doesn’t get locked in a lowered speed mode.
- 3Kw motor
- Max speed: 20 mph
- Dual suspension
- Output: 600W
- Dual braking
- Tubeless tires
- Superb shock absorption
- Reliable braking system
- Customizable cruise control
- Responsive mobile app
- Useful safety features
- Higher speeds are locked
10. Hiboy Titan PRO Electric Scooter
- 2400W Brushless Motor - Features powerful dual 1200W motor, and 17.5AH battery, the electric scooters can...
- Wider 10in Off-road Air Tires - Titan Pro adult eletric scooter with wider 10in pneumatic tires, And...
- More Comfortable & Safe - Dual disc brakes & shock absorption make Titan Pro more comfortable and safe...
The Hiboy Titan is a superb scooter perfect for urban errands and off-road riding. You can also use it to carry heavy loads.
To elevate your comfort, the scooter comes with pneumatic tires and a sturdy dual motor that holds up to 1200W.
If you’re a commuter or student who often covers long trips, this scooter will help you conquer hilly roads. Its base is revamped to enhance the riding experience while lessening the wear and tear while cruising on bumpy terrain.
The Titan Pro features an elegant and ergonomic design beefed up with some dynamic shock absorbers to get through cracked sidewalks and rough paths.
This model can handle longer commutes thanks to its 10-inch inch air-filled, anti-skid tires.
Similar to most other electric scooters, this model comes fully assembled. All you need to do is fix the handlebar.
- Screen display
- 48V, 17.5Ah Li-Ion battery
- Maximum speed: 30 mph
- Fully assembled
- Dual 1200W motor
- Thumb-activated throttle
- IP55 water-resistant
- 12 months limited warranty
- Easy maintenance
- Stiff suspension claims
- Long charging time
Scooters are easy to travel and store. Their folding handles make them easier to transport than electric bikes.
As you consider which scooter to buy, evaluate the distance you want to travel, if you plan on riding in the rain, your budget and more.
By taking the time to determine exactly what you’ll need, you’ll be able to find the best electric scooter for your usage habits.
Regardless of which option you choose, any of the scooters on this list will have you zooming along in no time.