This book is more than a guide. It is a valuable reference that is written in plain, non-technical language so readers can put the information to use straightaway. There are descriptions of the latest technologies, protocols, services, and software packages. The reader will unearth methods on how to create an economical and secure network for their families as well as their home-based business.
The author teaches how to pick the right networking solution; finding free and low-cost connection software; ensuring network security, as well as how to save money by sharing an Internet connection among multiple PCs.
And most importantly, the homeowner will discover how to plan for their network’s future extensibility. All of this while learning how to use the home network to work, communicate, and play in new ways.
The book covers:
* Getting Going: Network Overview and Planning
* Digital Plumbing: Network Wiring and Hardware Options
* Software Setup and Management
* Understanding and Sharing Internet Connections
* Unleashing the Network
* Running and Securing Your Network
* Creating a True Digital Domicile
This book may help you unravel some of the mysteries of networking and will for certain give you a great overview of the topic.