Xanboo Remote Monitor Service: Be there. Even if youÂ´re not.
Founded in 1999, Xanboo was an early pioneer in the development of remote access to video, as well as sensing and control devices over the Internet. Xanboo holds a number of patents on currently employed technology related to the gateway as a service broker, automatic registration of devices, and communication with wireless devices. A complete listing of these patents can be found at Xanboo’s website. Xanboo is a privately held company. Its investors include Motorola and AT&T.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
In addition to being the local service broker for the Xanboo system, the Xanboo X1000 gateway is also a low cost, plug Â´nÂ´play, and the most user friendly OSGi applications gateway available today.
The Xanboo gateway is part of the complete Remote Monitor System Xanboo is offering through its partners like AT&T, Motorola among others. For its new release, Xanboo was looking for a software platform which is scalable, extendable and based on open standards. Xanboo decided to choose OSGi technology. Xanboo began looking for the best commercial OSGi implementation with best performance results and highest availability and market adoption.
In addition, Xanboo evaluated existing remote management software systems for OSGi gateway management to be able to offer an end to end solution for its customers.
After a detailed evaluation of all market players, Xanboo selected ProSystÂ´s ready-to-use OSGi framework, mBedded Server Professinal Edition and the remote managment platform, mPower Remote Manager.
AT&T Remote Monitor Service Solution
AT&T Remote Monitor that is operated by Xanboo combines live and recorded video (non-audio) capabilities with a range of environmental sensor options to provide customers with a powerful, flexible toolkit to help them stay connected to the people and things they value most. Users can easily customize alerts and actions based on their specific needs. For example, a user can program the service to send a text message alert to a cell phone when motion is detected in an area of the home, while at the same time automatically turning on lighting and recording video of the same area.
The service is available via AT&T to customers of Cingular Wireless services, and can be accessed via virtually any Cingular wireless phone or PDA capable of supporting Internet access and Java, as well as nearly any broadband-enabled PC.
The product has been selected as an International CES Innovations 2007 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree in the Integrated Home Systems category for the manufacturing of AT&T Remote Monitor and the innovative AT&T X1000 Gateway.
“We believe that the OSGi framework and the remote management system from ProSyst are the best products on the market. We are very satisfied with the commercial off-the-shelf products and we are pleased with the support and services team.” said Bill Diamond, Xanboo President.
Daniel Schellhoss, Executive VP ProSyst comments: “We are very pleased that Xanboo has selected our products. The Xanboo easy-to-use solutions are ideal for service providers interested in offering their customers a full suite of affordable home monitoring and control products”
The features of Xanboo X1000:
* OPTIONAL 200GB HARD DRIVE FOR STORING MP3s, VIDEOS, PHOTOS, AND DATA FILES.
* PROVIDES AN INTUITIVE UI FOR SCHEDULING AUTOMATIC BACKUPS OVER YOUR LOCAL NETWORK VIA ETHERNET OR WIFI THROUGH A
* STANDARD ROUTER.
* A LOW COST JAVA/LINUX EMBEDDED SOLUTION FOR 3RD PARTY APPLICATION PROVIDERS TO RUN THEIR OWN APPLICATIONS.
* CAN ALSO BE USED WITH A GSM MODEM FOR WIRELESS AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS.
* OPTIONAL BUILT-IN RADIO FOR 2-WAY COMMUNICATION WITH ALL XANBOO â€˜AFMII’ WIRELESS DEVICES.
* SUPPORTS AUTO DISCOVERY AND CONTROL OF BOTH PANASONIC AND MOTOROLA IP CAMERAS.
* SUPPORTS THIRD PARTY ZWAVE, INSTEON, ZIGBEE AND RS232/RS485 DEVICES.
* Ready-to-use, very stable, standardized and proven solution, based on the latest OSGi specs
* Proven track record in OSGi business
* Experience with similar projects/products reduced the development risk
* Best support, fast professional services and active technology transfer
* Flexibility and performance of the people
* Compliance and openness to 3rd party solutions
By choosing ProSyst, Xanboo has created an innovative and future-proof system which is modular extendable.
For more information and to learn more about what ProSyst can do to make your project a success, please contact ProSyst at email@example.com or by phone +49 221 6604-0.
For more information regarding the Xanboo offerings, please contact Xanboo at +1 212.971.2503.